Medical Student Program 2018
Monday, June 25, 2018 at the Victoria Conference Centre.
THIS PROGRAM IS NOW SOLD OUT
About the Program
This program is designed to benefit students by exposing them to hands-on workshops and seminars that enhance their awareness and understanding of the profession of obstetrics and gynaecology. In addition, students are able to meet with Ob/Gyn residents from across the country and will have the opportunity to present a poster. Students from all Canadian universities are invited to attend the MSP. 40 students will be given the opportunity to attend the program on a first come, first serve basis.
Information for attendees
Students who are registered for the program must:
- Not have attended any prior SOGC Medical Student Program.
- Be a member in good standing of the SOGC. If you are not currently a member of the SOGC, click here to apply.
- Register for the SOGC’s ACSC. Select the “Student in health care training/research” category. Tip: allow 2-3 business days for your membership to process prior to registering to benefit from the member rate!
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in Ob/Gyn.
- Attend each session of the Medical Student Program on June 25. Attendance is taken at each session. Attendance for the remaining conference days (June 26-29) is optional, but encouraged.
Following the ACSC, participants will be required to :
- send to the SOGC National Office a brief written report (250 words or less) on their experience at MSP;
- complete and submit a global evaluation of the MSP.
Contact Danica Desjardins via email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
All participants must prepare a poster to present on the afternoon of June 25. This will not be a formal oral presentation, but participants will be asked to stand by their poster for a period of time to answer questions.
- Option 1 (strongly encouraged): Research presentation.
- Are you currently conducting research? If so, use this opportunity to present it. Even if your results are preliminary, we would love to hear about what you're working on! Be sure to check with your supervisor before selecting this option.
- Include the following:
- Title: should be brief and clearly indicate the nature of the presentation;
- Objective(s): state the study purpose in a concise manner;
- Study methods: indicate the study location, number and type of human subjects, nonhuman species or material being studied, the principal test(s) performed, and the type(s) of statistical analysis if appropriate;
- Results: confirm or refute the hypothesis, supported by statistics if appropriate.
- Conclusion(s): state the effect of the study on patient management, the scientific or clinical significance of the work, the way in which we teach students or patients, and/or future directions.
- Option 2: The specialty of obstetrics/gynaecology.
- Tell us what experiences prompted your interest in Ob/Gyn or what excites you about the specialty of Ob/Gyn!
- Maximum dimensions: 3' x 4'
- Language: english or french
- Please include your name and affiliation(s) at the top
- Velcro/pins will be provided
- Creativity is encouraged, but if you prefer to create a more standard research poster, check out these helpful guides :