Prof. Jon Fenton Roy Barrett MD
Dr. Barrett is the Chief of Maternal Fetal Medicine at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Toronto. He is a Senior Scientist at the Sunnybrook research Institute and the Program Research Director of the Women and Babies Program. He is the medical co-director of Clinical Trial Services at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and holds the Waks Family Research Chair of Maternal Fetal Medicine Research. He is a World Health Organization advisor on Maternal Health, Vice Chair of the Board of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and the International Society of Twin Research, and President of the Canadian Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine. He is the Founder and Chair of the Southern Ontario Obstetrical Network (SOON). He has held more than $20 million in grants, most prominently in the conduct of randomized controlled trials, wherein he has obtained international recognition in the field of multiple pregnancy. More recently his research has been channeled to both improving outcomes and preventing the occurrence of preterm birth via population interventions. His most recent and ongoing initiative has been the formation the Alliance for the prevention of preterm and stillbirth in Ontario, which is enjoying increasing philanthropic and ministry support.
1. I have/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a pharmaceutical, medical device or communications organization:
2. I am a member of an Advisory Board or equivalent with a commercial organization: Salus Global
3. I have received payment from a commercial organization (including gifts or other consideration or ‘in kind’ compensation): Smith & Nephew, Ferring
4. I have received a grant(s) or an honorarium from a commercial organization: Smith & Nephew, Ferring
5. I do not intend to make therapeutic recommendations for medications that have not received regulatory approval (i.e. “off-label” use of medication).