Dr. Abheha Satkunaratnam MD
Dr. Abheha Satkunaratnam is a graduate of the University of Ottawa and completed his postgraduate residency training in obstetrics and gynaecology and the University of Toronto. He completed a surgical fellowship in minimally invasive and pelvic medicine and reconstructive gynaecologic surgery at the University of Toronto and abroad.
Dr. Satkunaratnam is cross-appointed at St. Michael's Hospital and Women's College Hospital. He is a generalist ob/gyn with a focus in surgical gynaecology. Dr. Satkunaratnam is a full-time faculty at the University of Toronto with an expertise in surgical education.
He is a recipient of the national resident teaching award by ACOG. He has received both the Chairman's award for Sustained Excellence in Postgraduate Education and for Program Innovation by developing the first surgical anatomy course for postgraduate training in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto.
1. I have/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a pharmaceutical, medical device or communications organization:
2. I am a member of an Advisory Board or equivalent with a commercial organization: Abbvie
3. I am a member of a Speaker Bureau: Bayer Canada
4. I have received a grant(s) or an honorarium from a commercial organization: Hologic
5. I do not intend to make therapeutic recommendations for medications that have not received regulatory approval (i.e. "off-label" use of medication).