Dr. Dustin Costescu MD
Dr. Dustin Costescu is an Assistant Professor and Family Planning Specialist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at McMaster University. He completed undergraduate studies in Biological Science and Women’s Studies from the University of Guelph, and received his Doctorate of Medicine from Western University. Dr. Costescu completed residency training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at McMaster University and holds a Fellowship Certificate in Contraception Advice, Research and Education at Queen’s University.
Dr. Costescu has a broad clinical scope, practising in general obstetrics and gynaecology, complex contraception, family planning, colposcopy, vulvar disorders and sexual therapy. He is the Clinical Lead Colposcopist for Hamilton Health Sciences, and the Medical Director of the Hamilton Health Sciences Pregnancy Options Programme.
His current academic work focuses on contraceptive decision-making, complex contraceptive planning, and the introduction of Mifepristone in Canada. He is also the lead author of three SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines related to Family Planning.
1. I have/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a pharmaceutical, medical device or communications organization.
2. I am a member of an Advisory Board or equivalent with a commercial organization: Allergan, Bayer, Aspri Pharma (contraception advisory boards)
4. I have received a grant(s) or an honorarium from a commercial organization: Bayer (IUD App development)
5. I am currently participating in or have participated in a clinical trial within the past two years: Mithra Pharmaceuticals, Linepharma (OCP phase III; Mifepristone phase IV)
6. I do not intend to make therapeutic recommendations for medications that have not received regulatory approval (i.e. "off-label" use of medication).