Resident Leadership Day - new this year!
Click here to register (add this day to your ACSC registration or register for it separately)
The SOGC and APOG have co-developed a one-day program specifically tailored to the needs and interests of ob/gyns in training. The Resident Leadership Day will offer residents an opportunity to interact with Canada’s leading ob/gyn experts, as well as peers from medical programs across the country.
In the morning session, Setting Up for Success, residents will gain practical advice to prepare for their future careers as ob/gyns. Guest speakers will present Little BIG Talks on career preparation, career advice, resume building, and practice management. These talks will be followed by a rotation of round table discussions in smaller groups, allowing participants to ask their questions directly to experts who have already seen the path to success in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology.
In the afternoon, residents will have a choice between two hands-on courses focused on topics that are essential to building a career in ob/gyn – laparoscopy and ultrasound. These hands-on courses are designed specifically to meet the educational needs of residents and are an excellent opportunity to get feedback from experts and to practice vital techniques.
Dr. Nancy Durand MD
North York ON
Dr Durand is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Toronto.
She received her medical degree from McGill University, Montreal and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at McGill University.
She is on staff at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto. Her clinical and research interests include HPV, colposcopy and minimally invasive surgery. She continues to teach at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
1. I have/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a pharmaceutical, medical device or communications organization:
2. I am a member of an Advisory Board or equivalent with a commercial organization: Merck Canada
3. I am a member of a Speaker Bureau: Merck Canada
4. I have received a grant(s) or an honorarium from a commercial organization: Merck Canada
5. I do not intend to make therapeutic recommendations for medications that have not received regulatory approval (i.e. "off-label" use of medication).