Dr. Sukhbir Singh MD,FRCSC
Dr. Sony Singh is Vice-Chair of Gynecology within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at The Ottawa Hospital/University of Ottawa. Recently he was recognized for his excellence in academics by receiving the Dr. Elaine Jolly Research Chair in Gynecologic Surgery. At the University of Ottawa, Dr. Singh is an Associate Professor and Director of the AAGL Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecology.
Upon completion of his medical training at the University of Western Ontario (MD 2000, FRCSC 2005), he completed fellowships in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery at the University of Toronto (2005-2006) and the University of Sydney (2006-2007). He has developed a nationally recognized tertiary level clinical practice in complex surgical gynecology.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Singh is currently Treasurer of the Canadian Society for the Advancement of Gynecologic Excellence (CanSAGE), an active member of the AAGL Clinical Practice Committee and a past Board Member of the Association of Professors of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
1. I have/had an affiliation (financial or otherwise) with a pharmaceutical, medical device or communications organization:
2. I am a member of an Advisory Board or equivalent with a commercial organization: AbbVie, Bayer, Allergan
3. I am a member of a Speaker Bureau: AbbVie, Bayer, Allergan, Cooper Surgical
4. I have received a grant(s) or an honorarium from a commercial organization: Ethicon Endo Surgery
5. I hold investments in a pharmaceutical organization, medical devices company or communications firms: Syng Pharma
6. I am currently participating in or have participated in a clinical trial within the past two years: AbbVie, Bayer, Allergan
7. I do intend to make therapeutic recommendations for medications that have not received regulatory approval (i.e. "off-label" use of medication).