Click here download the 2017 APOG Abstract Program. This document includes all of the Best of the Best oral abstracts, as well as the oral and poster abstracts that were submitted for the 2017 abstract program.
The final schedule of abstract presentations is now available for viewing in the scientific program. For poster abstracts, please see "Poster abstract viewing and reception" on Friday, December 1 from 6:00-7:30 PM. For oral abstract presentations, please see "Concurrent oral abstracts (3)" on Saturday, December 2 from 8:45-9:45.
- All presenters must be registered for the SOGC / APOG Ontario CME
- Abstracts may be in English or French.
- Abstracts must pertain to education.
- Abstracts must be submitted online.
- Abstracts must conform to formatting guidelines
- All online submissions should be blinded with a detailed version provided upon acceptance.
- Limit abstracts to 250 words. This does not include title and authors.
- Type the entire title in uppercase letters, the complete name (first name preceeded by last name) of the first author, followed by the names of additional authors. Omit degrees, titles, and institutional appointments of coauthors. Underline the name of the person(s) presenting the abstract. The institutional affiliation, city and province, should follow for each of the authors.
- Abstracts will not be edited. Before submitting your abstract, check carefully to make sure it contains no spelling or typographical errors.
- Skip one line between the title of the abstract and author information and the body of the abstract. The abstract should be aligned with the left margin.
- The summary should be clear and concise and use the following headings: Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
Oral abstract session:
- Oral presenters are asked to use Power Point to prepare their presentations.
- Authors are allotted 10 minutes for their presentation followed by five minutes of discussion.
- A computer will be available in the session room for use in presenting PowerPoint presentations.
- Presenters are asked to email their presentation to the National Office 7 days prior to the day of their presentation.
Poster abstract session:
- Poster boards measure 4' X 8'
- Materials can be mounted on the panel by means of Velcro or pins that will be provided onsite, and left on the board for the full session (Friday and Saturday)
- The top of your poster should clearly identify the abstract title, authors and affiliations.
- An introduction should be placed at the upper left, and a conclusion at the lower right.
- Authors are expected to stand by their posters during the official poster session to answer questions.
- Detailed instructions with set-up and tear down time will be provided to selected applicants
For more information, please visit the APOG website. For any further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.