Dr. Ashley Waddington MD
- Currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada;
- Attended Medical School at McMaster University (class of 2006), then Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at Dalhousie University (completed 2011);
- Came to Queen’s for the Contraception Advice, Research and Education (CARE) Fellowship, which was completed in 2013;
- Also completed a Masters of Public Administration (MPA) at Queen’s during fellowship;
- Co-Director of the CARE Fellowship since 2014;
- My clinical practice is in general Obstetrics and Gynecology, with a focus in family planning. My clinical and research interests include complicated contraceptive cases, abortion care and access, adolescent gynecology, early pregnancy complications, patient safety, and transgender health;
- Established a Transgender Health clinic at Kingston General Hospital in 2017 offering assistance with medical transition, surgical referrals, pre and post-op care, and assistance with social and legal transition for gender diverse individuals in the SouthEast LHI.
I have a relationship with a for-profit and/or a not-for-profit organization to disclose:
- Membership on advisory boards or speakers’ bureaus: Bayer, Inc.
- Funded grants or clinical trials: Bayer, Inc.
I do intend to make therapeutic recommendations for medications that have not received regulatory approval (i.e. “off-label” use of medication).