Continuing Medical Education (CME)
To promote excellence in the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology and to advance the health of women through education. To provide evidence-based, innovative educational programs and online learning applications to meet the continuing medical education needs and expectations of obstetricians and gynaecologists, family practitioners, nurses and nurse practitioners, midwives and skilled birth attendants.
Goals & Objectives
- Develop learning materials that result in the application of SOGC Clinical Practice Guidelines in daily practice;
- Disseminate clinical updates in obstetrics and gynaecology to enhance daily practice;
- Assess and promote the practice of new techniques;
- Innovate to encourage participation in interactive educational environments;
- Employ challenging case studies to animate discussions relevant to their practice.
Our comprehensive suite of Continuing Medical Education events remains a cornerstone of the SOGC's work. By exploring the frontiers of scientific knowledge and practice methods, these exciting programmes update and maintain professional knowledge, as well as evolve the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology in Canada. Visit our Events section for more information on each event and to register on-line.
Have a proposal for a Plenary Session, Workshop, or Enhanced Skills Course topic at any of the SOGC's CME events or future ACSCs? Please let us know!
Quebec CME: January 15th each year
Ontario CME: March 15th each year
West/Central CME: May 15th each year
Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference: July 1st each year
The two-day ALARM program examines all aspects of intrapartum and immediate post-partum practice in Canada, reviewing and maintaining professional competencies while exploring progressive new frontiers in this vital field. Visit the ALARM Website for more information and to register on-line.