The SOGC is recognized by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as a fully accredited provider of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits within the College's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program. The SOGC can review and approve Section 1 and Section 3 applications (Section 2 activities must be entered into MAINPORT by the member). CPD credits participants can claim:
- Section 1: Group Learning 1 credit per hour of an accredited group learning activity or0.5 credits per hour of an unaccredited activity
- Section 2: Self-Learning Credits vary, please click here for more information.
- Section 3: Assessment 3 credits per hour of an accredited knowledge assessment or performance assessment activity
Before applying, please note that applications are based on organisation type (physician organisation and non-physician organisation). Physician organisations are defined as follows: "A physician organization is a not-for-profit group of health professionals with a formal governance structure, accountable to and serving, among others, its specialist physicians members through:
- Continuing professional development
- Provision of health care and/or
This definition includes the following groups:
- Faculties of medicine
- Hospital departments or divisions
- Medical societies
- Medical associations
- Medical academies
- Physician research organization
- Health authorities not linked to government agency
How to apply: Please fully complete the application and submit...
Via regular post
Education and Accreditation Division
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
780 Echo Dr.
Ottawa, ON, K1S 5R7
Please note payment must accompany your application form; if payment is not included, your application will not be processed. Applications must be submitted to the SOGC a minimum of 8 weeks in advance of the intended date to advertise the approved CPD activity.
SOGC Charges an additional fee for expedited accredition of 8 weeks or less of the event date
Physician Organization Fast Tracking Accreditation Review fee: $250 + applicable taxes
Non·Physician Organization Fast Tracking Accreditation Review fee: $1,500 + applicable taxes
For more information, please contact email@example.com, or 613-730-4192 or 1-800-561-2416 extension 238.