The Academic Council is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the inaugural Mentorship Award. Do you know an SOGC member who demonstrates outstanding commitment to mentoring at a national level? We encourage you to nominate them! The deadline to submit nominations is October 21, 2020.
Description : This award is presented to an SOGC member who demonstrates outstanding commitment to mentoring at a national level and contributes to both the personal and professional development of others. One award will be presented each year.
Criteria: To be considered for this award, the nominee will have demonstrated mentorship skills in the following areas:
- Serving as a role model and leader at a national level
- Encouraging, facilitating, and supporting others in career and leadership development
- Providing advice with respect to professional development
- Contributing to the development of mentorship advocacy at the national level
The nominee must be a member in good standing of the SOGC.
Nomination process: Candidates may be nominated by any member of the SOGC. This award cannot be won by an individual more than once. To nominate a candidate, please send an e‐mail to [email protected] and include the following:
- Nomination form, including two support signatures
- CV for the Nominee
- Nomination letter addressing the above criteria (1-2 page maximum)
The Academic Council will assess the submissions for each nominee based on the above criteria using a standardized scoring mechanism. If any member of the Academic Council submits a nomination, they will not take part in this assessment.