The SOGC is an expert resource on women's sexual and reproductive health.
Using the expertise of our vast membership, the SOGC produces national Clinical Practice Guidelines on the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology, as well as position statements on important medical issues in the field.
The SOGC welcomes opportunities to partner with media as part of our effort to educate the public and to provide the most up-to-date, evidence-based information. Our goal is to ensure that women have the information they need in order to make informed choices concerning their health.
Access to Expertise
Through the SOGC's extensive membership of health care professionals, we can arrange nationwide access to experts on topics relating to all aspects of women's health.
SOGC experts can provide insight on: women's health issues both within Canada and around the world, including reproductive rights, pregnancy and childbirth, contraceptive methods, gynaecology, sexuality, sexually transmitted infections, standards of care for obstetrics and gynaecology, access to health services, and much more.
Tel: (800) 561-2416 or
(613) 730-4192 ext. 228
Fax: (613) 730-4314
SOGC Position Statements
- Safety of Gardasil HPV vaccine
- In response to Health Canada's recommendation on the effectiveness of the levonorgestrel emergency contraceptive pill and weight
- When a patient asks for another physician on cultural or religious grounds
- KEEPS Trial - Kronos Early Estrogen Prevention Study
- Federal budget cuts to the Interim Federal Health Program and the impact on health benefits for refugee claimants for obstetric and gynaecologic services
- Opposition to Motion M-132 calling for the creation of committee of the House of Commons to discuss "when life begins"
- Comment in response to cuts to Aboriginal health funding risk worsening First Nations, Inuit, and Métis women's health
- Comment in response to March 2012 CMAJ article on the joint policy statement regarding pelvic examinations by medical students
- Comment on Fetal sex determination and disclosure
- Bill C-484, the Unborn Victims of Crime Act
- Indian Residential Schools
Recent Media Updates
May 24, 2017
Your Biological Clock Reality Check, Talk to Your Doctor
April 18, 2017
New SOGC Guideline Examines Efficacy of Combined Hormonal Contraceptives in Canada
March 13, 2017
Hepatitis B and Pregnancy
January 6, 2017
Op-Ed: Menopause and the Culture of Ignorance
December 15, 2016
New Guidelines for Managing Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy