Here you will find important information directed to Medical Students. Check out the Promotion of the Specialty page for more information on Obstetrics and Gynecology as a career.
Medical Student Program 2018
The SOGC extends a special invitation to all medical students who have an interest in Ob/Gyn, as well as to midwifery students, to attend the Medical Student Program (MSP) on Monday, June 25, 2018. This program is part of the 2018 Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference (ACSC) that will be held at the Victoria Conference Centre in Victoria, BC from June 26-29.
About the program
This program is designed to benefit students by exposing them to hands-on workshops and seminars that enhance their awareness and understanding of the profession of obstetrics and gynaecology. In addition, students are able to meet with Ob/Gyn residents from across the country and will have the opportunity to present a poster. Students from all Canadian universities are invited to attend the MSP. 40 students will be given the opportunity to attend the program on a first come, first serve basis.
Note: preference is given to “unmatched” students.
Students interested in attending must:
- Not have attended any prior SOGC Medical Student Program.
- Be a member in good standing of the SOGC. If you are not currently a member of the SOGC, click here to apply.
- Register for the SOGC’s ACSC. Select the “Student in health care training/research” category. Tip: allow 2-3 business days for your membership to process prior to registering to benefit from the member rate!
- Contact Danica Desjardins via email at email@example.com to secure a spot in the program. Please indicate your first and last name, the name of your university, and your year (i.e. 1st, 2nd,3rd or 4th) in the body of your email.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in Ob/Gyn.
- Attend each session of the Medical Student Program. Attendance is taken at each session.
- Following the ACSC, participants will be required to :
- send to the SOGC National Office a brief written report (250 words or less) on their experience at MSP;
- complete and submit a global evaluation of the MSP.
For more details: https://sogc.org/conference/acsc/medical-student-program.html
Promotion of the Specialty Packages for Medical Students
Visit the Promotion of the Specialty page to find out what is included in the package.
SOGC Contact for Medical Students
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning the Medical Student Program that takes place during the SOGC ACSC each June.
Planning an Ob/Gyn elective outside of your home medical community? Below is a document with valuable links to help you in your research.