Here you will find important information directed to Medical Students. Check out the Promotion of the Specialty page for more information on Obstetrics and Gynecology as a career.
Medical Student Program 2017
Thank you to all those who applied - this program is NOW FULL!
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) will be holding their Annual Clinical and Scientific Conference (ACSC) from Tuesday June 20th to Friday June 23rd, 2017 in Ottawa.
The SOGC extends a special invitation to all medical students and midwifery students who have an interest in Ob/Gyn to attend the Medical Student Program (MSP) on Tuesday June 20th, 2017. The program will take place at the Westin Ottawa.
The program is designed to benefit students by exposing them to hands-on workshops and seminars that enhance their awareness and understanding of the profession of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In addition, students are able to meet with Ob/Gyn residents from across the country. Students from all Canadian universities are invited to attend the MSP. 40 students will be given the opportunity to attend the program on a first come, first serve basis.
Note: preference is given to “unmatched” students.
Students interested in attending must:
- Not have attended any prior SOGC Medical Student Program.
- Be a member in good standing of the SOGC.
If you are currently not a member of the SOGC, apply to become a member using the following link: http://sogc.org/membership/
- Register for the SOGC’s ACSC using the following link:
Note: Become a member before registering for the conference as you will be charged the non-member registration fee if you are not a member.
Note: select “Student in health care training/research” category ($135+txs)
- Contact Mrs. Sarah Alle via email at email@example.com to confirm your attendance at the June 20th Medical Student Program as space is limited to 40 participants. Please indicate in your email;
- First and last name
- University name
- Student year (i.e. 1st, 2nd,3rd or 4th)
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in Ob/Gyn as you will be required to prepare a poster presentation outlining your thoughts on Ob/Gyn as outlined in the presentation section below.
- Attend each session of the Medical Student Program.
Note: Attendance is taken at each session.
- Following the ACSC, participants will be required to send to the SOGC National Office:
- A brief written report (250 words or less) on your experience at MSP.
- Complete and submit a global evaluation form of the MSP.
For more Details: https://sogc.org/conference/acsc/medical-student-program.html
Promotion of the Specialty Packages for Medical Students
Visit the Promotion of the Specialty page to find out what is included in the package.
SOGC Contact for Medical Students
Please contact Ms. Janie Poirier at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions concerning the Medical Student Program that takes place during the SOGC ACM each June.
Planning an Ob/Gyn elective outside of your home medical community? Below is a document with valuable links to help you in your research.