News at the SOGC
May 21, 2013
Surveillance results on recent trends in maternal mortality and severe maternal morbidity are now available from the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System (CPSS). These fact sheets are updates of previous versions which were released in 2011 and provide a means to disseminate up-to-date information on maternal mortality and severe morbidity in Canada.
In the maternal mortality fact sheet, maternal mortality rates were calculated using hospitalization data rather than vital statistics data as recent work by the agency’s CPSS has shown that hospitalization data are more comprehensive and timely.
May 14, 2013
Are you an SOGC Ob-gyn member or Life member? We are a stronger Society with your active participation and encourage you to attend our annual business meeting, which will take place at our upcoming annual clinical meeting in Calgary.
Friday, June 14, 2013
7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
TELUS Convention Centre (room: MacLeod E2), Calgary AB
View the agenda and supporting documents.
May 13, 2013
Our experts can help you figure out how to apply the latest evidence and guidelines.
- What nutrition and lifestyle changes are effective for menopause?
- Pelvic mesh: should she or shouldn’t she?
- What does the DSM-5 say about female sexual dysfunction?
- Are you worried about treating, or not treating, depression during pregnancy?
- How confident are you providing point of care ultrasound?
- What’s best practice for delivering twins?
See the full scientific program for our upcoming Annual Clinical Meeting from June 11 to 14. We hope to see you there!
Clinical Practice Guidelines